This course provides participants with up-to-date information on critical tax issues, giving them an outstanding foundation in the federal tax arena for individuals. Let us help you sort through the maze of tax compliance and tax planning strategies to make sure you are taking advantage of present opportunities and preparing for the future. It is critical that you ensure your clients receive the most current tax planning and tax-saving strategies for their tax plans. Join us for this face-paced, real-world session and make yourself look like a hero in your client’s eyes. Course materials include the latest legislative and IRS guidance on key tax reform topics.
CPAs working with clients or employers requiring up-to-date expertise in individual income
taxation for the current tax season.
- Determine the filing status and interpret the filing requirements for individual taxpayers
- Determine gross income inclusions and exclusions around dividends and interest
- Differentiate the taxability of deferred income, Social Security benefits, and other taxable income
- Apply the specific rules for the deductibility of travel and entertainment expenses as they relate to business or rental transactions in preparing income tax returns
- Recognize Education related expenses and the rules for Health Savings Accounts
- Distinguish between standard and itemized deductions including medical expenses, interest, taxes, charitable contributions, theft losses, and miscellaneous deductions
- Gather the necessary information required to include tax credits on an
individual tax return
- Recognize when the Medicare Payroll Tax will impact an individual
- Identify the applicability of the Medicare tax on Net Investment Income
- Filing requirements and personal exemptions
- Gross income inclusions, exclusions, and adjustments
- Travel and entertainment
- Standard and itemized deductions
- Tax and tax credits
- 0.9 percent Medicare payroll tax
- 3.8 percent net investment income tax
- Income exclusions
- Hot tax planning strategies for individuals and small businesses
- Roth IRA, IRA and retirement plan options
Knowledge of individual income taxation and Form 1040 preparation.