NJCPA Ovation Awards honor superstars whose exemplary efforts and stellar achievements are advancing New Jersey’s accounting profession.
The annual Ovation Awards Program recognizes the multitude of ways that individuals contribute significant time, energy and intellect to developing our profession and fostering its success. The awards celebrate the high achievers who are emerging leaders, innovators, champions of diversity, educators, volunteers, notable women and other individuals who have made a substantial impact in accounting.
We are now accepting nominations for the 2020 Ovation Awards. Learn more
The annual Ovation Awards Program recognizes an individual’s significant contributions to the accounting profession in seven categories.
- Emerging Leaders. Are you, or do you know a savvy superstar who has been working in the accounting profession 10 years or less? The individual has had noteworthy professional accomplishments; combined personal and professional achievements that merit special recognition; actively participated in the advancement of the profession or NJCPA; and stands out in the areas of professional knowledge, skill, integrity and leadership. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Honor the champions of diversity, equity and inclusion who work passionately to make the accounting and finance profession open, welcoming and fair to encourage and promote initiatives and change, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or other dimension of diversity.
- Innovation. Innovation is transforming accounting at lightning speed. Eligible candidates are driving innovation of all kinds, as it relates to accounting — leveraging new technologies, using forward-thinking data analytics strategies, implementing alternative business models or rolling out experimental engagement strategies to improve employee culture.
- Exceptional Educators. Recognize college accounting educators who distinguish themselves with their excellence in teaching and prominence in state-wide or regional activity to actively encourage careers in accounting and by serving as role models in academia.
- Women to Watch. Applaud the growth and success of female NJCPA members for their leadership, potential, contributions and/or commitment to fostering the success of their colleagues. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
- Impact. This award recognizes those who dedicate meaningful time and energy to any of the following commendable endeavors: Giving back to the community; sharing professional expertise to support others; or advancing the interests and needs of the accounting profession through active engagement, leadership or advocacy.
- Lifetime Leader. Celebrate the standout NJCPA member of exceptional merit for remarkable contributions to the accounting profession over the course of their career. This individual has abundant professional achievements, extensive community service, steadfast determination and model leadership, making the recipient of this distinction a truly exceptional, lifetime leader. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
View our previous award recipients: