This program provides an explanation of the Secure Act 2.0 tax provisions impacting both individuals and business taxpayers.
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest retirement plan tax legislation.
After attending this course, you will be able to identify and recall key compliance issues and significant changes in retirement provisions.
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Expanding Automatic Enrollment in Retirement Plans
- Increased Age for RMDs
- Higher Catch-up Contribution Limit
- Emergency Expense Penalty-Free Withdrawals
- Starter 401(k)s for Certain Employers
- Part-time Worker Improved Coverage
- Excise Tax Reduction for Certain Retirement Plan Accumulations
- Employee Plan Conflict Resolution Expansion
- Retroactive First Year Elective Deferrals For Sole Proprietors
- Change in Plan Requirements for Unrollees
- Surviving Spouse Election
- Reduced Tax on Excess Contributions
- Timely Plan Amendment Changes
- Elective Deferral Changes
- Employer Match as Roth Contribution