Most of our clients are pass-through entities for which many of the general business strategies are subject to additional limitations. To provide the tax planning strategies for closely held business clients that will bring more revenue, this course focuses on the special concerns and techniques the practitioner needs to thrive in this market.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who are responsible for tax planning for their clients and/or companies
- Understand how the strategies and techniques in business-related tax planning are modified for pass-throughs
- Understand the special problems when transactions involve the business, its investors, and related businesses and individuals
- Timely coverage of breaking tax legislation
- Schedules K-2 and K-3 reporting requirements
- Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations
- At-risk and passive activity loss considerations
- Basis planning
- Related party transactions: making them work
- Income splitting and shifting with family can create considerable benefits
Experience with business clients