NJCPA Surpasses $35,000 in Donations for Annual Food Drive for the Community FoodBank of New Jersey
— More Than 2,700 Pounds of Food and Supplies Collected —
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) collected $35,627.50 in online monetary donations — its second highest — and 2,727 pounds of nonperishable items and canned goods for its thirteenth annual food drive this fall to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Last year, the NJCPA collected more than $38,000 in online donations and approximately 2,700 pounds of food.
The Community FoodBank, which is continuing its pandemic relief, serves 15 counties in the state, distributing food to charities, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, food pantries and other places of need. Last year, the FoodBank provided food for more than 85 million meals through its network.
The NJCPA food drive is hosted by its Emerging Leaders Council, an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of NJCPA members with up to 10 years of experience, including aspiring CPAs and new licensees. Since 2010, the NJCPA has donated more than 20,000 pounds of food items to the FoodBank.
“We are tremendously pleased with the success of this year’s food donations and monetary contributions. It’s a great time of year to give back to those in need, and the accounting community is always so giving,” said Zachary Cohen, CPA, manager at CFGI and chair of the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council.
“Once again, our members and firms have a strong commitment to assist those less fortunate in our home state. CPAs are constantly donating their time and resources to help their fellow New Jerseyans,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA.
The following organizations participated by accepting food donations at their offices and/or virtual monetary donations:
- Alloy, Silverstein, Shapiro, Adams, Mulford, Cicalese, Wilson & Co. | 900 N. Kings Highway, Suite 100, Cherry Hill
- Bowman & Company LLP | 601 White Horse Road, Voorhees
- Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, PA | 332 Tilton Road, Northfield
- CFGI | 340 Madison Ave #3, New York, NY
- Deloitte & Touche LLP | 100 Morris Street, Morristown
- Gold Gerstein Group | 505 Pleasant Valley Ave, Moorestown
- Grassi | One Maynard Drive, Park Ridge
- Haefele Flanagan | 1000 S. Lenola Rd. Building 2, Suite 200, Maple Shade
- Marcum LLP | 100 Eagle Rock Ave, Suite 200, Roseland
- Mazars | 399 Thornall St., #3, Edison
- Paymedia LLC | 383 Ridgedale Avenue, Suite 2A, East Hanover
- PKF O’Connor Davies | 20 Commerce Dr, #301, Cranford
- The Green Group | 900 Route 9, Suite 601, Woodbridge
- The SKC Foundation | 1Mars Court, Suite 1, Boonton Township
- Wagner Shields & Moini LLP | 210 New Road, Unit 9, Linwood
- WilkinGuttenplan | 1200 Tices Lane, East Brunswick
- Wiss & Company, LLP | 100 Campus Dr, Suite 400, Florham Park
- zbt Certified Public Accounting & Consulting, LLC | 11 Broadway, Clark
For more information about the food drive visit njcpa.org/fooddrive. Firms that would like to participate in next year’s food drive should contact Kim Condurso at the NJCPA at 862-702-5634 or email@example.com.