Fraud activities can be executed from within an organization, by parties outside an entity, or by both. Importantly, as the business world becomes more technological, the way fraud is carried out is changing.
Accounting and other business professionals with a need to understand ways to thwart fraud.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Distinguish reasons that employees and others that are internal to an organization choose to undertake fraudulent acts
- Determine the ways that fraud activities are changing as business methods change
- Differentiate between the types of control measures that work best as entities strive to mitigate fraud risk
- Select specific internal control measures that reduce fraud activities
- Identify how anti-fraud measures add security to all segments and aspects of a business organization
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Fraudulent acts initiated from outside organizations
- Why internal fraud occurs
- The importance of fighting cyber-fraud
- Steps that verify anti-fraud activities are working
A basic understanding of internal control and security concepts