This segment will focus on the analytical process required to derive a logical and supportable estimate of value for a regulated marijuana businesses and related intellectual property rights. Valuing recreational and medical license rights for marijuana cultivation, processing or retailing will be emphasized with a focus on use of the income and market approaches to value.
Practitioners and owner/operators involved in purchase price allocation work, economic damage assessments, estate planning and merger and acquisition, as well as those interested in marijuana appraisal.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Recall fundamental valuation concepts and principles
- Distinguish how to apply these fundamental valuation approaches and methodologies to the unique and rapidly evolving nature of the cannabis industry appraisal assignments
- Identify emerging market based data that can be useful in the appraisal process
- Determine where to find industry resources
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Updates to incorporate new and emerging data sources and industry trends in the value proposition for marijuana businesses
- Review of fundamental valuation concepts and methods
- Discussion of the value of license rights and related intellectual property
- Useful topics for practitioners and owner/operators involved in purchase price allocation work, economic damage assessments, estate planning and merger acquisition