Embezzlement happens often to many small businesses. Unfortunately, the lack of internal controls allow the embezzlement to remain undetected for years.
Forensic Accountants and CPAs who want to learn the best practices to help their client when the client's employee is embezzling from their business.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Prepare for an investigation
- Recall how to review paper and electronic handling procedures
- Identify the process of preserving, analyzing, and evaluating evidence
- Recall how to conduct the investigation efficiently
- Discuss the characteristics of a quality investigative report that can be used in court
- Evaluate options for civil and criminal legal actions
The major topics covered in this class include:
- A step-by-step process from the initial client phone call to you writing a report of your findings for any civil or criminal actions that may be pursued
- How to advise your client in approaching an allegation of embezzlement
- What pitfalls may arise in finding the truth
- The best practices to ensure that the evidence is preserved properly for potential civil or criminal actions