This course explores tools and techniques enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of client engagements and business processes using data analysis tools. We will introduce some of today's popular software tools and examine the AICPA's Five-Step Approach to incorporating data analytics into public accounting engagements.
CPAs in public practice or members in industry seeking a better understanding of how to use data analytics in an audit engagement
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Apply new effective tools in business processes
- Determine how to use data analytics in public accounting engagements
- Identify popular software packages that may be useful for accomplishing data analytics
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Explore new tools and client engagement techniques using data analytics
- Introduce popular data analytical software tools
- Examine the AICPA's Five-Step Approach to data analytics in an audit engagement
Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel