*Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit* How do you make sure bad things don’t happen? Controls! In this webinar, learn how to define risks and apply controls to mitigate the risks – without creating a burdensome bureaucracy. The GAO’s 2014 Green Book (Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government) will be our guide.
Professionals with three or more years of professional experience
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify business risks
- Apply the Green Book and COSO model to those risks
- Distinguish between the five components and seventeen principles of internal controls
- Determine if the Green Book is applicable to your operations
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Purpose of the Green Book and COSO models
- Maturity scale for internal controls
- Application of the five elements of internal control to a case study
- Explanation of the 17 principles
- Discussion of how to integrate components and principles
Some knowledge of the Green Book is helpful