The course provides a concise overview of upskilling – investing in professional development and training to help employees develop new abilities and minimize skill gaps. Discover which enterprise and accounting skills are forecast to be in growing demand in the 2020s and beyond.
Practitioners who want to invest in themselves, develop new competencies, and stay ahead of the competition in an ever-changing profession and world radically transformed by major technology change.
After attending this presentation you will be able to:
- Understand why accountants need to upskill for competitiveness and employability
- Review the changing life cycle of practical skills and professional knowledge in today’s digital age
- Evaluate different upskilling programs and models
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is upskilling?
- Importance of continuous learning in an era of increasing automation and changing business priorities
- Critical skills accountants need for the future
- Upskilling case studies
- New competency frameworks
- Key lessons and best practices learned to date
- How to upskill yourself and your own operations