The course provides a concise overview of the Internet of Things (IoT), a global ecosystem of advanced technologies that connect objects to the Internet, each other and people. Discover how new IoT apps and devices can be used by accountants to increase operational efficiency, develop post-transaction relationships and create new revenue streams.
Practitioners who want to explore how IoT is transforming the role of accountants and raising the bar in how they manage data, use analytics to make decisions and secure the IT environment.
- Highlight the leading opportunities and challenges of connecting 25-50 billion new sensors and objects to the Internet by 2020
- Explore how a new generation of "social machines" are gathering critical data about customers, employees, operations, workflows and equipment
- Examine how IoT can help accountants increase efficiency, optimize productivity, reduce costs, minimize waste and improve customer satisfaction
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- Leading IoT Case Studies
- IoT Economic Impacts
- How IoT Will Impact Accountants
- Structured vs. Unstructured Data: The New Accounting Frontier
- Leading IoT Challenges and Risks
- Emerging IoT Business Models for Accountants
- How to Monetize IoT
- IoT Starter Strategy for CPAs