The pandemic has taught all of us an important lesson about having a game plan for navigating uncharted waters. This year's summit is all about insights and conversations designed to help you lead your organization during times of crisis or uncertainty.
Discover strategies for ensuring resilience for your team and organization at this year's Strategic Finance and Accounting Conference, planned by the Ohio Society of CPAs.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) in a Pandemic Environment
Tom Armstrong and Joe Schmidt, CSH Consulting
The pandemic has stressed organizations' risk management processes to the breaking point. Resilient organizations need to understand how stress can act cumulatively across an organization. This session will provide a high-level look at key stress factors and how to integrate within an ERM approach.
- Review the current state of business and its implication for ERM.
- Discuss key ERM risks to evaluate in a pandemic environment to position the organization for resiliency.
- Identify stress points within organizational value chains to build scenario planning around critical stress points.
Business Continuity and Contingency Planning in Uncertain Environments
Eric Fair, CISA, CBCLA, Senior Manager, IT Risk Advisory Services, Schneider Downs
As companies navigate the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, there are a number of key issues corporate leaders should be thinking about, as well as steps they can take to not only react to severe business shocks now, but also reshape their business and plan for recovery.
- Review leading practices for business continuity and contingency planning.
- Discuss key business continuity risks to evaluate in a pandemic environment to position the organization for resiliency.
- Identify key components of business contingency plans in a pandemic environment and how to incorporate within scenario planning.
Supply Chain Risk Management
The COVID-19 environment has exposed the supply chain vulnerabilities of many organizations, especially those who rely on a single supplier or region to fulfill their need for raw materials or finished products.
- Review the current state of supply chain and its implication for ERM.
- Discuss key supply chain risks to evaluate in a pandemic environment to position the organization for resiliency.
- Identify practical supply chain contingency plans to evaluate as part of scenario planning.
Operational Forecasting and Cash Flow Management
Michael Von Lehman, CTP, Director, S Downs Meridian
With COVID-19, prior budgets and actuals are insufficient forecasting tools. Finance must shift to be more forward-looking to enable a business to pivot in the new normal and be more proactive. How do you budget for the unknown? How do you strategically plan for a shifting tax landscape? Are budgets and forecasts passe?
- Discuss how to pivot budgeting and forecasting to incorporate the unknown elements of our evolving business environment.
- Review practical strategies for incorporating a shifting tax landscape into cash flow management processes.
- Examine the importance of budgeting and forecasting despite the uncertainties.
Strategies for Managing a Remote Finance and Accounting Team
John Sanchez, The FPA Group
Almost overnight, enterprises worldwide were in shut-down situations where workers had to shelter and work from home. Companies experienced cybersecurity stressors across multiple dimensions, including the "bring your own device" explosion, secure remote access, insecure "ad hoc" processes, and insider threats. Now, finance and accounting leaders need to prepare their teams and organizations for the post-COVID-19 environment where remote, office, and hybrid working arrangements will continue to stress operational risk management.
- Discuss steps finance and accounting leaders can take to prepare their teams for a post-COVID-19 environment.
- Review leading practices for successfully managing remote, office, and hybrid working environments.
- Explore how to reduce operational risk management in a remote or hybrid work environment.
Enabling Digital Transformation
Sebastian Arce, EY Cincinatti
This session will examine the role of finance and accounting professionals in leading the organization through adoption of enabling technologies for business transformation.
- Rethink traditional finance and accounting processes and evaluate where digital technology can be leveraged.
- Get an in-depth look at how leaders are approaching digital transformation including an investment in technologies, people and processes.
- Identify the key concepts that are needed to successfully adopt a digital mindset to support transformation efforts.