This webinar will examine diversity, equity and inclusion trends that CPAs can expect to see in 2020 and beyond.
CPAs working in public practice as well as private industry
In today’s marketplace it is a business imperative that the workforce is a reflection of society’s changing demographics. Bringing together a workforce that has a variety of perspectives, experiences, lived experiences and is representative of the communities that organizations serve is the comparative advantage of diversity. But a recent Howard University study identified several challenges that minority accountants face, including acceptance, job assignments, coaching and advancement. This session will look at diversity, equity and inclusion trends in the profession, as well as raise awareness about the unconscious biases that create inequity in the workplace. Session attendees will:
- Learn the primary obstacles of minority professionals in the accounting profession and recommended best practices
- Identify programs and tools to help minority professionals succeed in the accounting profession
- Learn the definition of unconscious bias and understand how unconscious bias shows up in environments and its negative impacts
- Identify strategies to uncover, disrupt and evict bias
- Learn why equity is a necessary component of leadership