The annual Ovation Awards Program recognizes an individual’s significant contributions to the accounting profession in seven categories.
- Emerging Leader. Are you, or do you know a savvy superstar who has been working in the accounting profession 10 years or less? The individual has had noteworthy professional accomplishments; combined personal and professional achievements that merit special recognition; actively participated in the advancement of the profession or NJCPA; and stands out in the areas of professional knowledge, skill, integrity and leadership. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Honor the champions of diversity, equity and inclusion who work passionately to make the accounting and finance profession open, welcoming and fair to encourage and promote initiatives and change, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or other dimension of diversity.
- Innovation. Innovation is transforming accounting at lightning speed. Eligible candidates are driving innovation of all kinds, as it relates to accounting — leveraging new technologies, using forward-thinking data analytics strategies, implementing alternative business models or rolling out experimental engagement strategies to improve employee culture.
- Exceptional Educator. Recognize college accounting educators who distinguish themselves with their excellence in teaching and prominence in state-wide or regional activity to actively encourage careers in accounting and by serving as role models in academia.
- Woman to Watch. Applaud the growth and success of female NJCPA members for their leadership, potential, contributions and/or commitment to fostering the success of their colleagues. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
- Impact. This award recognizes those who dedicate meaningful time and energy to any of the following commendable endeavors: Giving back to the community; sharing professional expertise to support others; or advancing the interests and needs of the accounting profession through active engagement, leadership or advocacy.
- Lifetime Leader. Celebrate the standout NJCPA member of exceptional merit for remarkable contributions to the accounting profession over the course of their career. This individual has abundant professional achievements, extensive community service, steadfast determination and model leadership, making the recipient of this distinction a truly exceptional, lifetime leader. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
Submission Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to receive an Ovation Award?
Anyone is eligible to receive an award in most categories. Only NJCPA members are eligible for the Emerging Leader, Woman to Watch and Lifetime Leader categories.
Can an individual be nominated for more than one award category?
Yes. Complete a separate nomination form for each candidate in for each award category.
Can an individual receive more than one Ovation Award in the same year?
Yes. Awards can be achieved in multiple award categories.
Why should I nominate someone or myself for an Ovation Award?
Exemplary work that advances the accounting profession should not go unnoticed. The Ovation Awards show appreciation for professional excellence and distinguish exemplary accomplishments and intellect.
Can I update a nomination after submitting it?
Yes. Our new online nomination system allows you to return and make updates until the nomination deadline of April 29.