Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values at the New Jersey Society of CPAs. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Diversity and inclusion are the principles guiding how we build teams, cultivate leaders and create a membership organization and profession that’s the right fit for every person inside of it. In principle and in practice, we are committed to diversifying the accounting profession, because we understand that a workforce that's reflective of the communities it serves is strongly positioned to succeed in an evolving, global marketplace.
The NJCPA supports diversity in the profession by:
- Raising awareness of the accounting profession and providing programs and financial assistance to students from underrepresented populations
- Educating members about the business case for diversity in the accounting profession and recognizing exceptional CPAs and firms excelling in this area
- Working with members and firms to increase programs designed to recruit, retain and advance diverse talent
- Working with academic institutions to develop pathways for existing professionals of color who seek to work in academia
- Collaborating with community-based organizations to engage in financial literacy, mentor programs and other initiatives aimed at increasing diversity in the accounting profession
Diversity, equity and inclusion events