The need for a forensic accountant has grown in the last two decades, with more expected in the future. From oil well spills to divorces - from stealing trust funds to partnership disputes - forensic accountants are needed to find and calculate losses.
CPAs who want to start forensic accounting practice.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Recall the definition of forensic accounting
- Recognize the various aspects of forensic accounting
- Identify the credentials needed to start a forensic accounting practice
- Identify possible markets for forensic accounting services
- Prepare a marketing plan to obtain clients
- Identify the basic equipment, software, and best practices for starting a forensic accounting practice
The major topics covered in this course include:
- What equipment is needed to start a forensic accounting practice
- The common services needed by clients
- Using your current skillset, identify the type of services you can provide
- How to market your services to a particular segment of possible clients
- Best practices in starting a forensic accounting practice