The course provides a concise overview of human capital reporting and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programs - an emerging system of disclosure standards and semi-standards in the United States and around the world. Diversity is the presence of differences within a given setting.
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of human capital and DEI reporting and how to set themselves up for long-term success in an era of growing demands for social governance disclosures.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Point at least three ways to improve workforce diversity in the accounting profession
- Give examples of at least 20 ways to build inclusivity in an accounting organization<
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Emerging Human Capital Disclosure Rules
- DEI Basics
- Neurodiversity Principles
- DEI Continuum
- How a DEI Strategy Contributes to Your Competitive Advantage
- Diversity Annual Reports: Case Studies and Best Practices
- Inclusive Hiring Processes
- Retention and Promotion Equity
- Pay Gap Issues
- Diverse Vendor Networks
- Racial Equity and Brand Messaging
- Inclusivity Builder Worksheet
- Inclusive Marketing Toolkit
- Human Capital Technology Tools
- Human Capital Resources
- Human Capital Starter Strategy