This course provides a concise overview of robotic process automation (RPA) -- technologies that conduct high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform. These "bots" can automatically log into applications, enter data, do calculations, complete tasks, make decisions based on predefined parameters, and log out.
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of RPA applications and how to start positioning themselves and their operations to take full advantage of the technology.
- Discover the RPA fundamentals
- Understand how RPA technology is disrupting many of the core functions of the accounting profession
- Learn the potential of RPA applications to boost the relevance, value, and revenue of accountants
- RPA overview
- Technology pros and cons
- Implications for the accounting profession
- Case studies
- Leading vendors
- Lessons learned to date
- Key resources and communities online
- Starter strategy for accountants