The complexity of our environment has outgrown old and superficial approaches to professional skepticism. In this session, Dr.
Designed for CPAs and other decision makers interested in enhancing the accuracy of skeptical judgments
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify three dimensions of skeptical reasoning
- Identify three biases that damage effective skepticism
- Identify three characteristics of effective skeptical judgme
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Dimensions of skeptical reasoning
- The “mind-lens” approach to challenging faulty assumptions
- Understand how to tune their skeptical “signal to noise” ratio
- The role of situational awareness in skepticism
- How to determine the reliability and validity of evidence
- How to match skeptical reasoning to the environment
- Learn how to uncover hidden biases that damage skepticism