*Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit* The GAO’s Yellow Book standards set a high bar for auditors of government programs. This short course focuses on the requirements of the Yellow Book that challenge CPAs in public practice including the CPE, independence, and reporting requirements.
Auditors in public practice
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Select the standards that apply to your engagement
- Differentiate between types of engagements per the standards
- Label reportable conditions as abuse, waste, fraud, non-compliance, and an internal control weakness
- Identify the elements of a finding
- Apply the independence standards to your team and engagements
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Requirements of the Yellow Book applicable to financial audits and the single audit
- Unique requirements of the GAO’s Yellow Book that go beyond AICPA standards
Basic knowledge of the GAO Yellow Book