This course provides a concise overview of smart contracts - computer code which automates the “if this happens then do that” part of traditional contracts. The code uses blockchain technology to execute and automate transactions (say, payments and the transfer of currency or other assets) when predefined conditions are met.
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of smart contracts and how to start positioning themselves and their operations to take full advantage of the technology.
- Discover smart contract fundamentals
- Learn about how the technology is disrupting many of the core functions of the accounting profession
- Understand the potential of smart contracts to help accountants boost their relevance, value, and revenue
- Smart contracts overview
- Technology pros and cons
- Implications for the accounting profession
- Case studies
- Leading vendors
- Lessons learned to date
- Key resources and communities online
- Starter strategy for accountants