The course provides a concise overview of the IRS Tax Advocate Service (TAS), an independent office within the Internal Revenue Service. The office personally assists taxpayers in resolving their problems with the agency.
Practitioners who want to explore options for resolving client issues with the IRS.
- Learn about leading TAS objectives, policies, processes and outcomes.
- Discover how practitioners can work with the TAS to resolve client issues with the IRS.
- Highlight of how accountants can assist the TAS in identifying systemic issues within the IRS and propose remedies.
- TAS operations snapshot
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Local Taxpayer Advocate
- Low Income Taxpayer Clinics
- Reports to Congress
- Taxpayer Advocacy Panel
- Systemic Advocacy Management System (SAMS)