The average CFO’s tenure is about three years, while the tenure for other financial positions may not be much better. One cause may be our responsibility to deliver BAD news.
CEOs, CFOs, Controllers, Board members, advisers, financial managers, and Consultants.
Understand different methods to effectively convey unpleasant results.
Improving the communication skills of financial professionals:
- What is the message?
- Who will receive the message.
- How to convey the message.
- Formats, timing and approaches.
- Pros and cons of each method.
- How to make the point(s) clearly.
- How to avoid the crucial and common mistakes when delivering bad news.
- Which words to use, and which words to avoid
- Decision criteria to help choose a better approach for each situation.
- How to make this a positive outcome for you.
Some management experience is beneficial