In terms of selecting an entity to do business in, the universe shifted with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act enacted at the end of 2017. The tax rate for C corporations was lowered to 21% and the §199A deduction offered pass-through entities the chance to significantly lower the rate at which they are taxed. But how do all these options work and what option is best for what business?
Those questions are at the heart of this Surgent webinar, where tax practitioner presenters discuss, explain, and debate the tax entity choices new and existing businesses have under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. We all know that re-examining choice of entity determination is at the top of the agenda for client meetings during and after the 2021 tax season. This program will equip you with the knowledge and insights you need to lead those discussions.
Tax practitioners seeking to understand the new tax legislation and how it impacts entity selection.
- Help clients choose the tax entity that is most advantageous to them in 2021
- Why businesses operate as C corporations
- Why businesses operate as pass-through entities
- Converting to a C corporation in 2021
- How and why to adopt S corporation status
- Circumstances that impact entity selection
A basic course in partnerships/LLCs, S corps, and C corps
- Qualifies for CFP Credit.