Geared toward practitioners who provide accounting and auditing services to small businesses, this course updates you on the new accounting, auditing, compilation, preparation, and review standards, and other professional guidance that impact small businesses and their auditors. Materials include practical applications of the topics covered to help you understand and apply the standards to real-life scenarios. With the rate of change in today’s regulatory environment, you must stay current on the topics impacting the profession.
CPAs who require a review of recent accounting and auditing pronouncements
- Identify recently issued FASB, ASB, and ARSC guidance and standards that impact small businesses.
- Identify key concepts related to exposure drafts and other projects in accounting and auditing.
- Recognize small business audits: who needs them and why.
- Accounting standards updates, including an update on leases, financial instruments, and revenue recognition
- Latest activity from FASB, ASB, and ARSC
- An update on audit and attest standards
- Private company financial reporting
- Types of small business audits
Previous auditing and accounting experience