Analytical procedures (APs) are utilized for different purposes and can be the most cost efficient of accounting procedures. Interestingly, they are the least utilized and efficiencies are lost. Understanding the types, uses, and purposes is misunderstood by many accountants as evidenced by continual peer review deficiencies. This course is a must for anyone needing to understand the use and application and benefits of analytical procedures. This course will provide participants with hands-on techniques on how to perform analytical procedures as required by the standards in an engagement.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
Accountants in public practice, whether needing a refresher or a deep dive into the use of APs, will benefit from this workshop.
Participants will develop the skills and knowledge to utilize analytical procedures.
- Types of analytical procedures and which work best for specific purposes
- Factors to be considered in using APs as a substantive test
- Disaggregated and nonfinancial analytical procedures
- Evaluation of differences
- Documentation issues
- Qualifies for Yellow Book