Learn how data analytics can be used to increase the value of your client engagements or manage your company’s operations in real time. Discover important issues CPAs need to know to serve clients in the cannabis industry.
All CPAs and financial professionals
- Learn how data analytics can provide insights beyond traditional financial reports, utilizing key metrics that are critical to a business’s growth and success.
- Understand New Jersey’s cannabis industry and the role that CPAs can play in it.
It has never been more important for CPAs to leverage data analysis to provide clients or their business with real-time reporting. Business intelligence software such as Power BI provides the ability to analyze multiple data sources simultaneously, which is critical for all businesses. This session will cover the following topics:
- Defining data analytics and why it is important for CPAs to have a working knowledge
- Why the data driven approach?
- Excel versus Power BI – when to use each
- Understand the data driven process: identify problem, analyze data, create insights, offer solutions
This session will cover the following topics:
- Update on New Jersey’s cannabis industry, both medical and adult use
- Tax and accounting methods unique to the industry
- Projection of the industry over the coming years