Gather practical and timely updates to help manage operations, improve best practices, evaluate technology and automation, and lead your organization to future growth.
This conference is presented by the Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs (PICPA) in cooperation with the NJCPA.
Thursday, March 23 Agenda
Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit
- Get a general overview of the R&D tax credit.
- Understand the various calculation methods.
- Identify R&D credit activities and expenses.
- Discuss the project implementation and issues to consider.
- Legislative impact on R&D credit.
- Tax planning and IRS audit considerations.
The Rx Biz: How We Got Here and Where It May Be Going
Nicole Caniglia - Birch Benefits
Kevin Schopf - Birch Benefits
- Health care market trends
- High-level overview of funding arrangement continuum
- Drug pricing and compliance
Leveraging Technology and Managed Accounting Services in the Financial Planning and Analysis Function
Matthew Kramer - Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
Adam Goode, CPA - Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
Michael Marasco - Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
Robert Morgan - Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
Learn how you can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your financial planning and analysis function through the use of modern technology platforms and outsourcing to experienced accounting and financial personnel.
Help for the Headaches of Healthcare
Allison De Paoli - Altique
- The three risks in your health plan
- Why they persist despite the high costs to employers and employees
- Why transparency is the key to reducing all three risks
- Why the new CAA legislation is a moment of opportunity for employers
11:35 a.m.-12:25 p.m.
Cybersecurity: What You Really Need and Why
Allan Jacks, CISSP - Morefield
- Cybersecurity: past and future
- Discuss a three-pronged approach to cybersecurity: technology, processes, and people
- Dive into the motivations for cybersecurity compliance requirements, insurance requirements, privacy requirements (H.R. 8152 (ADPPA), PA HB 2202, PA HB 1126, PA HB 2257) and due care versus due diligence
Collaboration: Eliminating the “No” Reputation
Jody Padar, CPA, MST - New Vision CPA Group
- Aligning around common goals and a shared vision
- Preventing department silos
- Helping teams to connect (in-person and remotely)
- Creating cross functional teams
- Identifying the right communication tool
Challenge Accepted: When Outsourcing Makes Sense
Suzanne D'Angelo - YPTC
- Internal and external financial challenges that often occur in smaller organizations.
- How boards can utilize outsourcing to help with financial challenges such as succession planning, unplanned transitions, or special projects.
- How organizations can utilize outsourcing to supplement and support their organization’s finance functions.
CFO: The Strategic Leader
Elizabeth Wilson, CPA - Valley National Financial Advisors
LeeAnne Stump, CPA - Morefield Communications
- Collaborative strategic alliances - create, develop, and nurture both internal and external relationships
- Self awareness - recognize that it takes a village
- Knowledge sharing - get everyone to "think like an accountant"
- Importance of data - drive effective decision making
- Reality check - viability, value, and resources
- Stakeholder communication - know your audience
- 4 orientations of the CFO role - responder, challenger, architect, transformer