Your financial accounting credentials do not automatically qualify you for a CFO role. Today’s
CFOs have skills that go far beyond financial accounting. Come share ideas with veteran CFOs and learn new techniques that will make you more effective now and long into the future.
This seminar is for people who are, or aspire to be, chief financial officers. We will focus
discussions on medium-sized organizations.
This seminar includes group discussion of five cases.
CFO’s role in Strategy Development
CFO’s role in Strategic Cash Management
- Identify a source of competitive advantage
- Map your strategy
- Tie your strategy to performance metrics
- Execute your strategy
CFO’s role in Strategic Risk Management
- Know where and how to get money
- Set cash management policy
- Prevent cash management surprises
CFO’s role in Strategic Financial Communications
- Identify possible exposure
- Evaluate consequences
- Prepare for the unexpected
- Why your board’s “knowing nods” may be a bad sign
- Provide financial education to your stakeholders
- Tell your organization’s story