Tax practitioners have been hard-pressed to keep up with recent legislation and new IRS guidance. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important legislative and regulatory developments of the season as well as major trends and changes in the case law, with a view toward planning considerations. This course is continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice, whether newly licensed or a seasoned professional
- Understand the latest tax law changes.
- Understand strategies and techniques for individuals to use in light of tax changes.
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses.
- Timely coverage of breaking tax legislation
- Schedules K-2 and K-3 reporting requirements and transitional filing relief
- Foreign Tax Credit considerations
- Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations
- Donor Advised Funds
- Selling a principal residence, including tax planning strategiest
- The SECURE Act 2022 Proposed Regulations
- 2022 Changes to section 163(j) and section 174 Research and Experimental Expenditures
- Employee versus Independent Contractor conundrum continues - Department of Labor Final Rule reinstated
- A comprehensive overview of virtual currency, including important tax considerations
- Section 162(m) executive compensation
- Temporarily increased business meals deduction
- State of the IRS - plans to reduce the backlog of returns due to COVID-19
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year - inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
Experience with individual and business clients
- Qualifies for CFP credit
- Qualifies for IRS credit