Which FASB ASUs become effective in the next year and beyond? How should the new guidance be applied? This course helps to answer those questions by addressing GAAP financial accounting and reporting topics in conjunction with an overview of recent FASB pronouncements. Applicable to a broad cross section of CPAs, this course is a must for CPAs in business and industry. Utilizing detailed descriptions and examples of how to implement the new standards, this course instructs you on how to assess new and recent FASB guidance having a major effect on all industries. It will allow you to gain an understanding of the latest pronouncements and exposure documents, and how to develop implementation strategies.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
Accountants, controllers, internal auditors, and other management-level accounting personnel and educators
- Identify and apply the latest FASB accounting and reporting guidance.
- Identify the latest FASB final guidance.
- Identify current FASB exposure drafts and projects.
- The financial reporting environment
- Summary of recent FASB releases
- Financial accounting and reporting topics impacted by guidance recentlyissued or effective in the near term (such as leases and revenue recognition)
- Review of significant accounting and reporting topics
Experience in the application of accounting standards.