The Women's Leadership Conference provides a forum for female CPAs and financial professionals to network and obtain valuable information for use in their personal and professional lives. Attendees will take away valuable lessons on resilience in the workforce and overcoming obstacles professionally and personally. This conference is planned by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Female financial professionals and CPAs in public firms, business, and industry seeking to maximize their potential and advance professionally.
Greetings from PICPA Leadership
Thriving Beyond COVID-19
Sarah Kauss, Founder and CEO - S'well
Jill Gilbert, Partner - Audit Services Group RKL
- What’s changed and what lessons we have learned
- How we can support women professionals who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic
- What we can do better in the future
- Scenarios for a post-pandemic future
Rising to the Challenge of Public Accounting
Kimberly A. Dula, CPA, Managing Partner - Friedman LLP
- Progression from intern in the audit department to managing partner and head of the tax practice
- What I wish I knew 25 years ago
- The future of public accounting
Women to Watch Award Presentation
Creating Career Success in Corporate Finance
Wendy McClintock, CPA, Vice President Finance and Treasurer - Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company
Maureen Marchek, CFO - Bioclinica
Chenora Burkett, CPA, Chief Administrative Officer - United Way of Greater Philaelphia and Southern New Jersey
Jennifer Cryder, CPA, COO and Executive Vice President - PICPA
- Critical lessons learned from women finance leaders
- Making the jump from public to corporate accounting
- Being intentional about careers goals and planning
- Leading with confidence and credibility
Strategies for Using Your Emotional Intelligence to Prevent Burnout
Kandi J. Wiens, Senior Fellow, Teaching, Learning, and Leadership Division, Co-Director, Penn Master's in Medical Education
- Learn why some people are better equipped to handle stress and prevent burnout.
- Understand why and how emotional intelligence helps us strengthen our resilience.
- Develop new practices to stop burnout – for you and for others.
What Women Want: Essentials for the Future of Public Accounting
Sue Coffey, CPA, CGMA, CEO - AICPA
- Why the past year was an unprecedented threat to women in the workplace.
- How firm actions made today can shape gender equality for decades to come.
- Learn how to transform and evolve amidst the demands of a rapidly changing environment.
Leading Beyond Bias
Shauna-Gae Davis, Technology Relationship Leader and Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leader - Deloitte
- Anti-bias strategies that work
- Making inclusion real – taking action
- What companies can do
- What individuals can do - pledges to combat unconscious bias
Taking the Lead in Technology
Leslie Kirsch, Director, Data Partnerships - The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Women & Fundraising 2021: Challenges and Opportunities
Karen Cahn, CEO and Founder - IFundWomen
- The funding gap problem for women-owned businesses
- Why IFundWomen needs to exist
- Effect of the pandemic on women entrepreneurs
"As a young, professional woman, this conference gave me the opportunity to hear women who have proven successful in the industry speak on topics, issues, and trials that they have faced and conquered. Their words have reinforced my drive for success and have given me the tools and confidence with which to embrace the challenges which lie before me."
-Maureen Gillott, CPA - Fairman Group Family Office LLP