Our panel of public policy experts will analyze elements of Governor Murphy's proposed budget and discuss their potential impact and political viability.
On March 5, Governor Murphy presented his proposed budget for New Jersey’s 2019/20 fiscal year. Labeled as “A Blueprint for the Middle Class,” the proposed budget includes appropriations totaling $38.6 billion. Among other things, the budget includes:
- Nearly $800 million in public employee health benefit cost savings
- A reduction in “one-shot” revenues
- A nearly $3.8 billion payment to the public worker pension fund
- Changes to tax incentive programs
- Nearly $283 million in funding for Homestead Benefits
- A decrease in the income threshold for the top 10.75-percent tax bracket to $1 million
Join us for in-depth look at the budget and its political prospects.