This course centers its discussion around the ever-present dilemma of payroll fraud. Some questions that will be addressed are how big the problem is, the demographics of the perpetrators, the types of companies who fall prey to payroll fraud and most importantly, how to reduce the risk of becoming a victim.
To be clear, this is not a discussion of how to do payroll so much as it is an informational course on how your practice fits in with the issue of payroll fraud and how to prevent it.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program (2 hours only), please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPAs, EAs, and other financial professionals
- List and describe the types of payroll fraud and the various types of companies easily attacked
- Recognize the methods fraud is committed
- Identify the problems that lead to payroll fraud
- Recognize the leading perpetr
- Problems surrounding Payroll Fraud
- Demographics of Perpetrators
- Prevalence of Payroll Fraud
- Employee Theft Statistics
- Victims: Types of Organizations
- Ratio of Loss to Number of Employees
- Methods Fraud is Committed
- Withholding Tax and Commission Schemes
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to email@example.com.