This course will enable practitioners to understand and apply the AICPA "clarification" auditing standards. Further, this course will provide guidance on how to perform an effective, efficient and profitable audit engagement.
This course is designed for practitioners in public practice who must understand and implement the clarification auditing standards, need to be aware of common audit engagement deficiencies and responsible for profitable audit engagements. Also, for inter
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify the key changes in recently issued AICPA auditing standards
- Recognize common audit deficiencies as identified in peer reviews
- Distinguish common audit deficiencies as identified in lawsuits centered on audit engagements
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- AICPA auditing standards issued during the 18-month period prior to the program
- The new SAS 134 audit reports
- How to fulfill responsibility to detect fraud under AU-C Section 240
- How to help clients design, implement and maintain their internal controls
- Troublesome areas as identified in peer reviews and litigation
- How to perform profitable audits