Designed especially for CPAs, this class is a practical call to action that provides CPAs with the tools and inspiration they need to be better thinkers. You'll learn habits and strategies you can use every day to dramatically improve judgment and decision-making.
CPAs, analysts, governance and compliance professionals interested in improving thinking quality, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Identify 3 approaches to optimize mental bandwidth
- Apply "frames-of-reference" thinking to boost judgment quality
- Select 3 micro-habits to develop to boost thinking quality
- Determine the best decluttering technique to achieve mental clarity
- Identify 3 strategies that raise situational awareness
- Apply 3 approaches that improve objectivity and skepticism
- Identify the "deep structure" of problems
- Apply "frames-of-reference" thinking
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Decluttering your mind for clarity and mental bandwidth
- "Micro-habits" that transform judgment and decision-making
- A "thinking audit" process that will change your world
- Using "gamification" to solve tough dilemmas
- The science of trust
- How to see patterns others don't see
- Regulating and optimizing your mental resources
- High-stakes decision making