Just about every company, no matter its size or the types of activities it undertakes, is at greater risk because of all the types of fraud that can be be carried out electronically. Potential perpetrators can be operating internally or externally and the scope of the damage that occurs is almost never limited to cyber-assets.
Accounting and other business professionals with a need to understand online fraud.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to:
- Recall the primary methods of online fraud
- Identify the types of weaknesses that can be exploited by those undertaking electronically based frauds
- Recognize specific internal control measures that can help to reduce these types of fraud activities.
The major topics covered in this course include:
- The actuation of online and other cyber frauds
- Fraudulent acts that are initiated electronically
- Automated and employee driven methods that can reduce cyber-fraud risk