The COVID-19 pandemic has altered corporate and public accounting in ways we could never have imagined. This broad-based course will discuss accounting and auditing implications that have arisen as a result of the pandemic.
Any accountant or business stakeholder who is curious about the way that COVID-19 has affected businesses and is interested in crafting success strategies in this challenging climate.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Develop an appreciation for what has changed in the pandemic environment
- Recognize how risk assessment looks different after COVID-19
- Foster a creative mindset that facilitates flexible problem solving in unprecedented circumstances
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Risk assessment
- PPP Loans
- Pandemic-related accounting pronouncements
- Learning to be an auditor in a pandemic environment
- Financial statement disclosures
- Exploring liquidity options
- Accounting tools and techniques for supporting managerial decisions
- Other current events as appropriate