CPAs in public practice and members in industry seeking the latest tax developments on reporting entertainment and business transportation expenses.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- To provide the "big picture" of qualified deductible expenses
- To provide guidance on what to do and when to do it
The major topics covered in this class include:
- An update on the final rules related to reporting entertainment and parking expenses
- Definition of what qualifies as an entertainment expense
- Strategies on how to deduct business entertainment expenses
- Deductibility of meals and "snacks"
- Situations not subject to the 50% meals and entertainment deduction
- How to handle automobile issues related to employer-provided parking
- Proper accounting for deductible vs. non-deductible expenditures
- The four steps to analyze business expenses
- Review of the latest federal legislation, cases and rulings
Basic working knowledge of business taxation.