Are you large enough to have your interest expense limited? This session will discuss how the new 30% / 50% limit works and what happens to excess interest expense. We will examine how the new rules apply to partnerships, S and C corporations and their owners.
CFOs and members in industry
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Gain a better understanding of Section 163(j) and its application to business entities
- Apply the interest expense limitation rules
- Understand recent legislation, regulations and developments
- Discuss planning and potential pitfalls
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Broad definition of interest and the gross receipts test
- Ordering rules for deductions and carryforwards
- Application to partnerships, S corporations, C corporation and their owners
- Electing out
- Reporting on Form 8990
- Recent IRS regulations, rulings and developments
Basic working knowledge of business taxation