This program reviews the statutory and regulatory guidance as they relate to fringe benefits. There will be an emphasis on entertainment and business transportation expenses, including qualified employer-provided parking, with a focus on planning opportunities.
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking the latest developments on reporting business transportation expense reporting.
- To provide the "big picture" of qualified deductible expenses
- To provide guidance on what to do and when to do it
- Definition of what qualifies as an entertainment expense
- Strategies to deduct business entertainment expenses
- Deductibility of meals
- Situations not subject to the 50% meals and entertainment reduction
- How to handle automobile issues related to employer-provided parking
- Proper accounting for deductible vs. non-deductible expenditures
- The four steps to analyze business expenses
- The latest federal legislation, cases and rulings