This year is indeed another year of significant change in the world of government and nonprofit accounting and auditing. Time is valuable, and it’s hard to stay current in today’s rapidly changing environment. Let us save you time and effort in staying current through this informative update course. The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over 30 focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the latest developments in government and nonprofit accounting and auditing.
Auditors and industry professionals working in the government and nonprofit environment.
- Keep up with the latest developments at the GAO, OMB, AICPA, GASB, and FASB
- Ensure that your accounting and auditing skills stay up-to-date with current requirements
- Be prepared for major changes on the horizon
- Implementing the new Yellow Book
- Developing issues related to performing single audits under the OMB’s Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- SAS No. 134, Auditor Reporting and Amendments, Including Amendments Addressing Disclosures in the Audit of Financial Statements, and SAS No. 135, Omnibus Statement on Auditing Standards - 2019
- Recent GASB activities directed towards state and local governments with an emphasis on the implementation of GASB No. 84, Fiduciary Activities and GASB No. 87, Leases
- The new FASB ASU on grants, contracts and contributions (i.e., ASU No. 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made)
- The effects that ASU No. 2016-02, Leases, will have on nonprofits
Knowledge of government and nonprofit accounting and auditing.
- Qualifies for Yellow Book.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.