Hear real-world experiences and examples of financial schemes. Then, learn the best practices to detect and prevent fraud.
In the second half of this program, we will review new standards for nonprofit organizations and discuss common errors on 990 forms and financial statements.
CPAs, CFOs and accounting professionals working in private or public entities
- Learn about the fraud triangle and schemes that appeared to have increased since the pandemic.
- Learn how to correctly apply new standards for nonprofit organizations while ensuring financial and tax reporting is appropriate.
Fraud Schemes and Internal Controls
- Fraud triangle
- Common fraud schemes
- Processes and procedures to prevent, detect and control fraud
Not for Profit Standards Update
- ASU No. 2020-07, Presentation and Disclosures by Not-for-Profit Entities for Contributed Nonfinancial Assets
- ASU No. 2016-02, Leases
- New standards – not yet effective
- Updates and changes to the 2022 Form 990
- Common errors in nonprofit financial statements