Apply your knowledge of the AICPA’s Peer Reviewer program to a practical application case study. This seminar features realistic case studies that encompass the most important elements of a system peer review, as well as several case studies pertaining to an engagement review. As a current or future team and/or review captain, learn to successfully plan for, perform, and report on both system and engagement reviews.
Individuals who wish to serve as peer review team captains and review captains.
- Analyze the process of how to effectively plan system and engagement peer reviews
- Identify steps needed to understand a firm’s system of quality control
- Identify procedures used in testing the firm’s system
- Choose recommendations for follow-up action to the administrating entity
- Identify the impact and effect that organizational issues have on a firm’s system of quality control
- Pre-acceptance considerations
- Planning considerations
- Evaluation of a firm’s system of quality control
- Risk assessment
- Engagement selection
- Interviewing managing partners, CEOs, and staff
- Completing a Matter for Further Consideration Form
- Evaluation of noncompliance with Professional Standards
- Writing peer review reports
Completion of the AICPA’s “Becoming an AICPA Peer Review Team or Review Captain: Program Overview” online course. (Acronym: PRTCO)
A laptop computer and Internet connection is required for this class.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.