Miscommunication is costly. It causes significant financial and emotional losses to a firm. Vague answers create numerical errors, inaccurate financial data, hurt feelings and tension within an office environment. Join this webcast to learn how positive language is not a "warm and fuzzy" concept, but rather an important communication tool for yourself and your firm. Using the right word choices make you a more effective manager and communicator. We also look at the role leaders play in workplace communication and examine communication skills for discussion leaders. A leader's ability to communicate greatly reduces misunderstandings in the workplace and significantly improves project management. This webcast discusses how to: Eliminate wordiness, redundancy and obscure language from writing. Produce documents that are clear and concise. Produce written communications that are positive and confident. KEY TOPICS: -The power of professional language in business writing -Communication and work teams -Communication for leaders -Difficult communication
• Identify five techniques to make your language more positive and professional.
• Recognize the importance of descriptive language.
• Recall how using certain words can help avoid misinterpretation and misunderstandings.
• Recognize the common types of difficult communication patterns found in the workplace and how to cope with these situations.
• Identify and cope more effectively with hostile communication patterns.
• Recognize the communication patterns that occur before and during the formations of teams.
• Identify the role of conflict in work teams and approaches for dealing with the conflict.
-The power of professional language in business writing
-Communication and work teams
-Communication for leaders