Auditors with a need to better understand how data analytics can be deployed effectively, efficiently, and consistently across engagements of all types.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to:
- Apply the definition of data analytics to audit engagement tasks (including engagement management) they currently face
- Follow the analytics life cycle approach to address audit issues, including:
- Define audit planning objectives and create an audit question to be solved through analysis
- Leverage a basic understanding of the client and its industry to create a testable hypothesis
- Model a data analysis solution to test the hypothesis using a selection of data mining techniques
- Analyze the results and use the analysis to plan appropriate subsequent actions
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is data analytics?
- Introduction to the Flatiron Solar case study
- Applying the data analytics lifecycle to Flatiron Solar