The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) made turning business losses into tax refunds more difficult. The CARES Act suspended and modified many of those changes.
CFOs and members in industry
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Apply new rules and regulations of the CARES Act
- Apply the business loss deduction rules and reporting on Form 1139 and 1045
- Discuss planning and potential pitfalls
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Review recent legislation, including the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and CARES Act
- Deduction business losses
- New rules for carrybacks and carryforwards
- Form 1139 and Form 1045 for carryback reporting
- Amended returns
Basic working knowledge of business taxation