Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) created a specific deliverable for Internal Audit causing many CFOs to underutilize this important resource by not focusing on the other areas where Internal Audit can improve controls and productivity and reduce cost and risk. In this session, veteran Chief Audit Executive Charles Silvey will discuss often overlooked opportunities for internal audit to add value.
Internal auditors, external auditors, risk managers, corporate financial leaders at all levels, accountants, corporate financial managers, CEOs, CFOs, controllers, Board members, advisors, consultants, and the professionals who advise them
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Utilize your Internal Audit resources to improve operational and financial performance
- Recall the overlooked benefits of internal audits
The topics that will be covered in this class include the overlooked benefits your Internal Audit function can provide, such as:
- Developing finance personnel
- Broadening finance staff assignments
- Creating guest auditor rotations to develop and share best practices
- Improving operational auditing
- Enhancing operational auditing
- Creating third party auditing processes to ensure outsourced risk is managed
- Driving a culture of control
Participants should have at least six months of industry experience and a thorough knowledge of financial accounting principles and practices. Additionally, participants with some auditing experience will also find this seminar especially useful.