Do you have a plan in place if the IRS notifies your client of an audit? If not, this is the course to take. This extremely profitable area of tax accounting is one you do not want to watch walk out the door to another tax professional.
CPAs and Accountants
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Begin a civil audit engagement including client onboarding, pricing, engagement letters, Power of Attorney management, and how to prepare for the initial meeting with the auditor
- Identify what the notices and forms you will encounter mean and how to read them
- Create a case plan and checklist of documentation, files, and other items you will need from the client.
- Recall the strategies for handling the auditor and the client
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Overview of what to do in the case of a client audit
- Engagement, forms, and overall management of an IRS audit